Friday, September 17, 2010

New England

The weather is gradually cooling off as September progresses and today was a New England sort of day. There was a beautiful, fresh breeze. My daughters and I ended up eating at a favorite place that has become very popular since its opening and has an attached outdoor cafe/porch .
Long ago I wrote a little poem (well, kinda) about New England. Here it is:
New England Village
by
Annabelle Ambrosio
Twinkling lights distant
Surrounded by greenery
How proudly hold your heads
For all to see.
Above you rests a sky of blue,
All clean, and clear, and
grandly new.
Awake in me my vital breath,
So I may catch your glory left.
Of years gone by,
America great,
The land on which our
Forfathers spake.
Fill my lungs so I may give
Life to those who after me may live.
Speaking of New England, I've been watching some CDs of Murder She Wrote. They were wonderful t.v. shows of Jessica Fletcher, the mystery writer who resided in Cabot Cove. They are a real classic.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

Beth Trissel said...

Lovely poem. I was 'there' with you.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day.