Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Health issues and the family

I've been involved with a health issue with my grand-daughter lately where the insurance company doesn't want to approve an MRI. Of course they're expensive and might mean that something more expensive will come from the results, like surgery. I realize that sometimes tests are ordered when they aren't needed, but I do believe the majority of doctors order tests which they believe are necessary. I think it's a shame that the doctors have to fight the insurance companies in these cases, but that's what it leads to and sometimes the families have to fight also. All that means time wasted, which could be vital for a patient.
I'd like to hear your comments on this matter.
Ann

1 comment:

GailRoyTopian said...

Ann, So sorry your grand-daughter is having a tough time with her insurance company. It is such a shame that they (insurance companies) only care about the bottom line and making money - instead of caring about the patient. I hope she gets this issue resolved soon (and that she doesn't need surgery).

Donna R. from VRW