Friday, July 31, 2009

REACH FOR THE MOON

This month we had another meeting of the Nightingale's and one of the nurses spoke about her experiences as a travel nurse. It sounded like a wonderful experience, traveling to different areas, not knowing what to expect when she arrived at her destination. Makes me feel I missed something by not trying more areas of nursing, but I guess we end up doing what we have to do, or maybe it's what we're meant to do. I don't have the answers, but if one of my daughter's went into nursing I'd encourage her to try at least several fields. It's an exciting time to be a nurse. It's also an exciting time to be a writer thanks to technology. More ePubs are opening up and some of the older book publishers now have ePubs along with the paper books. Everything is moving very, very fast.

The world has become a smaller place as seen by all the different groups on the internet. Maybe they will help us all to get along better in life and live in peace someday. I joined Twitter recently and was pleasantly surprised to have a "friend" from clear across the world in Japan. Who would have thought that possible fifty years ago? We can hope for the best.
My grandmother used to tell me "Reach for the moon and you'll catch a star." I think of her and of her saying very often.

No comments: